Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Saving Lives

**UPDATE**
When you go the link to 'Vote as a Guest', you will have to first register as a guest, try looking for registeration in the top right-hand corner.
It's a simple registration that cost a bit of your time NOT money!
The following is an excerpt from an email sent to my pal Kim over at connorcolesmom
"I just wanted to follow up on the email I sent you last week. My organization, International Medical Corps, was nominated to be one of the
Top 25 in American Express' Members Projects,
"Saving the Lives of Malnourished Children."
Our project was chosen out of 1,190 projects and is now eligible to receive up to $1.5 million to help feed hungry children, but the voting ends next Tuesday and we need your help to spread the word."
International Medical Corps has been matched to one of the
Top 25 in American Express' Members Projects,
"Saving the Lives of Malnourished Children"
Chosen out of 1,190 projects, 'Saving the Lives of Malnourished Children' is now eligible to receive up to $1.5 million in funding. The project with the most votes receives $1.5 million, 2nd receives $500,000, 3rd $300,000, and 4th and 5th $100,000.
The funding - made possible by your votes - would bring a vital lifeline to hungry and malnourished children around the world.
We need your help between now and September 29th.
Voting is easy and doesn't cost a thing!
In just a click, you can save the lives of thousands of malnourished children.
Hunger and malnutrition kill more people in the world than HIV, tuberculosis, and malaria combined. As food prices rise, this funding is even more critical. More people are being driven deeper into poverty trying to afford basic staples. Many have nothing to eat at all.

Your vote makes it possible for fewer young lives to be lost because they do not have enough to eat. Getting the word out to your friends and family makes a huge difference! Forward this link to a friend and you bring us that much closer to the $1.5 million to help malnourished children around the world!
So will you join me in saving the lives of malnourished children?

Click this link

You will need to place a vote.
(Your vote cost nothing but the time it took to click and maybe pass this on)

If you are not an American Express card member then click - "vote as a guest

Keep in Mind

***When you go the link to 'Vote as a Guest', you will have to first register as a*** guest, try looking for registeration in the top right-hand corner.
It's a simple registration that cost a bit of your time NOT money!


11 comments:

connorcolesmom said...

Girl I love you!
I am so glad to be linked to you :)
Blessings
Kim

valerie said...

Yay! I'm so glad to see you have a place where we can post comments!

I love your picture. You and Miesta Moose are looking good!

I'm off to a fun evening of football and hopefully seeing my precious little niece become homecoming queen. I'll post about it tomorrow.

Talk to you soon!
Have a great weekend.
Val

Kristen said...

Melana!! Last I checked you didn't have a blog up and running..I'm so excited!
I FINALLY mailed you "surprise". Sorry it took SO stinkin' long! :)
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Consider this your official invite from me, Heather!I am looking for as many bloggers as I can find that would like to participate in a bloggy "Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving." I dreamed this idea up as a way to give thanks to the Lord for His work in each of our lives by sharing our testimonies with the world wide web on Monday, November 24, 2008. That's the Monday before Thanksgiving guys! Many of you may choose to leave that post up for the entire week and I encourage that. My prayer is that this sharing of our testimonies will not only encourage each other and give Glory to our Lord but also to those who happen upon our blogs.

These instructions will be posted up on the dedicated blog until the day of the event so you can find them there as you prepare or for uses of copy & pasting the blurb. I realize there may be many of you who have never written your personal testimony. The more I write about my testimony the more goodness I see in how the Lord worked in my life. Here's a tip on a format of which I have written and helped me to write my testimony. Ask these questions:

Who were you?
Who was He?
What happened?
Where were you?
Who are you now?
Who is He?
I'm excited to embark on this journey of Giving Thanks! I hope you all are too. If you want let the word out on your blog please by all means i'd appreciate any help I can get. Direct back to my place if you want. I need all the help I can get with putting the scoop out there in the blog lines that WE, THE CHILDREN OF ONE AWESOME GOD, ARE ABOUT TO TESTIFY! Whoo-hooo! Many people are out there searching. Let's point them to WHO to get filled up by!

If your interested in taking part sign up in my comments and i'll remind you as we get closer to that time! Hopefully this early notice will help us generate more to join and give us ample time to seek the Lord in prayer as to what and how He'd like us to share our stories.

For more info go to the dedicated site at: www.themouthbehindthemoose.blogspot.com
(That reads "The Mouth Behind The Moose" dot blogspot dot com)

Happy Writings,
Heather Twitchell
Swallowing A Moose

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!! Yes, I am back and livin'!! Life got crazy and I think I fell off the planet...but I've found my way back :) Praise Jesus...I was beginning to wonder where I was!!! I started a new job, moved into a new house, got my testimony published in a book, have another publication offer that I'm working on now and just became (i can't believe I'm going to type this word).... quite responsible!!! I'm even going to vote Tuesday!! What has gotten into me ?!?! Wow...I'm a "big kid" now!!!! Life is going great and I can't wait to start typin again and letting you guys know more about how God is moving in my life!

Go-Between said...

This is not pertinent to your post but didn't know how to get a hold of you any other way. Just had to say how much I enjoy your post and how many times I think I agree! :~) My roots are from Wyo and still have family there. Sure do wish you were a little more south cause I would love to introduce you to my cousin - whose mother and grandmother were from Sheridan!
Anyway, Blessings and Merry Christmas!

Holly said...

Melana,

I was given a gift of tickets to come to Laramie for the Living Proof conference in May. I would very much love to get together for a bite to eat or a visit!

Love,
Holly Smith

Holly said...

Hey Melana,

Did you get my email that began, "Hi Ladies!

I am so happy that you signed up for a header design. We so want to bless you and thought this would be just the way to do it.

I will work in the order of receiving your answers to these questions..."

If not, email me back and I'll send it to you!

Blessings,
Holly

Amanda said...

Just wanted to stop by and say happy birthday! I hope your day is wonderful!

Sit A Spell said...

Thanks for sharing...

bless...shell

Toknowhim said...

Hey there... I am in the Siesta community, but don't think I have ever visited your blog... I just wanted to tell you that I was watching the recap of the Wyoming LPL, and I saw a picture of a Moose... I said I bet that is Miesta Moose Mama there, and then I go to Holly's site and see your picture :)

Blessings Mama... Kim